Do Not Let Mistakes Derail Your Estate Planning Efforts
Simple mistakes can derail the plans you make for your estate. In some cases, missteps can render part or all of your plan invalid or leave you and your loved ones facing complex legal issues.
At the Cleveland law office of Kathryn T. Joseph & Associates, Inc., we help individuals draft estate plans that suit their needs and objectives, as well as avoid mistakes that can lead to complications in the future. Our lawyers can evaluate your plans, help you make appropriate adjustments and draft other documents that you need to strengthen your plan and give you well-deserved peace of mind.
Avoiding Common Missteps
Estate planning can be a complex process, and many people do not understand that they may need more than a simple will to protect their interests. In other cases, people fail to make appropriate adjustments and changes after major life events. Our attorneys can help you avoid the following common estate planning mistakes:
- Failing to update wills and plans after death of a spouse or remarriage
- Not planning for long-term disability or inpatient medical care
- Lack of updates after obtaining significant assets or selling a large portion of estate
- Failure to be thorough regarding estate assets and other important details
- Lost estate planning documents or keeping them where family members cannot find them
- Failing to designate beneficiaries on your assets where appropriate
One of the biggest mistakes people make is to fail to have an estate plan in the first place. Whether you need to create a suitable plan from scratch or you wish to update an existing plan, we can evaluate your needs and create a strategy that will help you meet your goals.
An Experienced Estate Planning Ally On Your Side
Estate planning can be an overwhelming process, but you do not have to walk through it alone. Our Ohio legal team will help you put plans in place and draft documents that ensure your care and that of your loved ones in the future. Learn more about how we can help you by contacting us by email or by calling 216-245-0504.